Considered probably the toughest arena to play in the Southland Conference, Prather Coliseum provides more seating on the floor than any other venue in the league. Prather Coliseum, in its fifth decade of playing host to Northwestern State basketball, is named after H. Lee Prather (pronounced PRAY-thur), who retired in 1949 as the dean of all head coaches in college basketball. He soon became president of NSU. The 3,400-seat (basketball configuration) multi-purpose facility opened in 1964 on the banks of Chaplin’s Lake, in a scenic setting on the south side of the NSU campus. The coliseum also houses the Graduate N Club Athletic Hall of Fame, honoring the greatest figures in Northwestern sports history, along with offices for women's basketball, volleyball, soccer, the vice president for external affairs, the NSU news bureau, the associate athletic director, the NCAA compliance director, and the sports information office.